Tom Gunter is a senior executive with a track record of driving consistent growth through strategic leadership, people development, creative problem solving and personal discipline.
Tom possesses 20+ years in executive-level positions, deep P&L experience, leading people through a variety of market/business situations including rapid growth, mature markets, acquisitions and divestitures. Adept at brand marketing, customer management, with oversight to supply chain, manufacturing, co-packing and R&D, Tom brings the benefit of strong, positive industry connections at senior levels.
More recently, Tom has become a CEO Group leader, supporting as well as mentoring business owners and CEOs with CEO Global Network.
What we’ve done for others…
Mentoring CEO’s, Entrepreneurs & Business Owners… as a group leader with CEO Global Network, lead a CEO peer group and conduct monthly one-to-ones.
Build new strategies that support enhanced profitability… as president of a major packaged foods company, re-classified brand and segment roles within the product portfolio, improving the focus and allocation of resources and investment.
Executed pricing and product rationalization to enhance margins… drove margin +3 pts in year one, and added +5 pts over the following three years.
Generated significant new topline revenue with a successful brand/product launch… Healthy Choice became 70% of the frozen entrée segment leader within the first year of launch.
Revived a struggling brand’s growth with successful product extensions… the Canadian launch of a “ready to eat” (RTE) entry extension surpassed all targets, garnering a 22% share after two years in market.
Supported tech service providers (SAAS) by helping them to connect with retailers and consumer product suppliers.
Grew business revenue by 40% with a large, domestic acquisition… led the purchase of Del Monte Canada by ConAgra Canada (Aylmer, Del Monte Brands)
Attracted, developed and retained strong talent, increasing overall engagement scores from 27% to 72% (AON Hewitt Survey)… reduced turnover from 32% to 7% over two years with focused hiring practices and internal people development.
Improved customer survey ranking from 24th to 9th over three years. (Advantage Survey)
Managed and integrated large DSD sales/logistics teams in Canada and the US, during years of rapid growth with Frito Lay (Pepsico).
Leveraged network to place permanent and temporary staff in support of client needs avoiding recruitment costs.
2018 Food Ass’n of Canada
‘Golden Pencil Award’
2018 Food, Health & Consumer Products (FHCP)
‘Award Of Distinction’
2012 Ryerson University
‘Award of Distinction’
- 10 years as President/GM
- Corporate and private ownership
- 7+ years as an independent advisor
- CEO Mentor/Group Leader with CEO Global Network
- Customer management at all levels
- Canada and US
- Branded and private label
- Consumer paper products
- Salty Snacks
- Bakery Products
- Beverage Alcohol
- Packaged Foods (frozen, canned, bagged, bottled)
- International Consulting (India, Mexico)
- Private Investor- Niagara Falls Craft Distillers
- Burnbrae Farms, Processor
- Mark IV, Marketing Services
- Caddle Inc., Digital Insights
- Paygos, Digital Service Provider
- Dufflet Pastries
- Vision Food Innovations
- GO CXM, Shopper Insights
- FCPC, Former Chair (10 yr board member)
- Grocery Foundation, Chair/Vice Chair
- Food Starter, Food Start-up ‘incubator’
- P&L management
- Strategic and annual operating plans
- Manufacturing oversight- canning , frozen, baking, bottling, refrigerated
- Product development & commercialization
- M&A, turnarounds and restructuring
- Retail and foodservice channels
- Pricing and trade spend efficiency
- Category Management
- Direct store delivery logistics
PepsiCo, Molson Coors, ConAgra Foods, Fiera Foods, Upper Crust Bakery, Scott Paper, Kruger